Monday, July 25, 2005

Falling Behind!

I seem to be falling further and further behind since starting work, oh how I wish I could go back to being a lady of leisure and play in my gardens all day! Since my Immigration status has been finalised I have had to start working to help my husband keep me in the lifestyle I have become accustomed to! This off course means that a number of things have been pushed to the sidelines a little while my new schedule becomes the norm, this not only includes my diligent weeding sessions but also my journal / blog writing and my own personal website. I'm finding it all quite frustrating!

Anyhow, why is it that if you let things slip a little then all hell breaks lose?! My gardens are starting to look quite over run with weeds and I need to do some serious deadheading! I'm thinking of letting most things go to seed at this early point so that I don't have to keep up with things as much, but then I sacrifice any repeat blooming that could happen

Things are quite exciting though as I have had continuous blooms now for a couple of months, my "Plains" Coreopsis and Black Eyed Susan's are just outdoing themselves and really holding the front garden together. Add into this mix the Hollyhocks, Geraniums and Marigolds and things look pretty good. I have had an added bonus in the last couple of days as my "Caravan" Lily which was ordered this past Spring from Wayside Gardens is the first of the collection to start blooming, it smells heavenly and the fragrance just floats around on the breeze. My "Silk Road" Lily will also start blooming in the next few days, apparently that one is SUPER fragrant so I can't wait

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Caravan" Lily