Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring is Definitely Back!

Well.....Spring is definitely back with full force, although living up here in the North-East things can change VERY quickly! I am lucky enough to have a South facing front garden which helps in the Spring when everything is just getting started! I have had green perennial growth for quite a few weeks now and the Daffodils are almost done blooming. The Tulips have just started to open, creating the next wave of early Spring colour. When Autumn comes around I must remember to buy more Spring bulbs for both the front and (especially) the back gardens

My plant orders have started to arrive from my eBay purchases, which is very exciting. The two Purple Smoke Trees have been in pots for a while just waiting to be planted out. I almost killed on of them through over watering but it seems to be coming back now. My two Serviceverry tree's arrived from Cold Stream Farm last weekend, both look to be in great condition with great root systems and many swelling buds. The rest of the orders should arrive in the next couple of weeks

The "New Dawn" Climbing Rose I brought at Walmart is starting to leaf out so I look forward to watching this one grow. I have read that it is a pretty rampant grower so I have high hopes for it